Monday, November 17, 2008

Sudden change of events

Don't you just hate it when you have tons of work to do during the holidays? We always decide on doing it first and possibly study during the holidays but somehow or rather nothing goes according to plan and you end up with a pile of work adding into the busy period right after a short break. Anybody feeling me yet? Then the memory of the beautiful holidays turn into a nightmare because we spend the last day rushing the assignments that are due on the next day. Does this experience sound familiar? Well, it happened to me yesterday and waking up today was a friggin' hard task. Then comes the part where I promise myself to finish off work at the beginning of the next holidays to prevent this from happening again, but eventually fail to do so every time.

So I went to class drowsy with my out-of-bed hairstyle as usual. I think I've done this before but I'm gonna break it down for you guys again.

First Class, Further Engineering Maths - Used it to finalize some last minute work and catch up with friends on what they did during the short break. Why you might ask? Well, this lecturer totally pissed me off by giving me the most motivating reply I've heard.
Example, the first time I asked him :" Sir, may I use this method? Though it doesn't get the same answer, it still is a valid method of solving the question"
The old bugger looks at my working and replies:" I dunno la... Just use my method la"
Me :" Da Be Liu Tee Eff ! ! "
First time never mind, maybe he's lazy to read my long workings.
Second time I went up to him to question him about his workings instead :" Sir, how did you get from 2nd step to 3rd step? How would I know which approach to use when I see a question like this? "
And here goes the award to the most motivating answer ever :" Guna otak "
OU MAI GA! @#$%*#@! Thanks teacher! Tiu Lei Ma Kasih indeed. Next time when I use my brain, it will definitely tell me not to go ask you any more questions.

2nd class, Control and Instrumentation - Just stayed in class to get through to the other lectures in the afternoon. By this time I was feeling really sleepy already. Still gotta tahan till 5.30pm today. Jiin Huei and Hoe were also sharing the feeling of fatigue and we discussed whether we should ponteng. Ponteng? My eyes brightened up at the sound of it. "No! Better not, afternoon class quite important", I thought to myself. Then halfway through the lecture, the head of Engineering comes in to give us some of his usual BS. My Lye, aka Mr Lie, always BS-es people into joining KBU and rob them of their future. This time, he comes in and tells us that KBU just sealed the deal with IBM and they are coming over to monitor our performances in our studies. He kept glancing over at me the whole time, didn't know why but eventually he made it clear. He stated that scholarship students MUST exhibit proper attitude at all times and attendance is a MUST and that KBU has every right to pull the plug on our scholarships any time they feel we are misbehaving. He said a whole load of other crap about the economy and how people weren't able to find jobs + how good KBU is, etc but too bad I wasn't really paying any attention.
Then as soon as Mr Lie left the lecture theatre, Jiin Huei turned to me and asked :" I think he was talking about you just now, still wanna ponteng later?"
The words came out naturally :" Of course! "
and I skipped the two afternoon classes, had some lunch and slept the whole afternoon away till just now. Woo Hoo!

There will be consequences of my acts today, but I guess I have more important things to worry about at the moment. Gotta prepare for a class test next Monday and Complete an assignment by next Friday. To make things worse, friends from Australia are coming back this week. Gonna be rushing those work like crazy again. Might not be able to update in the near future but do Take care everybody!

P.S. Happy Birthday to Shaun and Charmaine. Though I won't get to celebrate with the both of you, I still hope you two will have a great birthday today. Cheers!


Pic of Kathleen, Me, Charmaine & AhCheen (Happy belated birthday to NHC as well)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your lecturers,well, speechless that I can say. I pretty glad that my uni lecturers are all quite equally professional~

I'm having hectic periods as well.All the assignments, presentations and some extra activities.Aiks...Such a student Life...

Anyway,you do enjoy your days.
*Happy always & Stay Cool*