Monday, August 25, 2008

The End of the Beijing Olympics

The 2008 Beijing Olympics closing ceremony was held just a few hours ago. Wasn't very fancy but it was still kinda cool to the best Olympics ever held so far. I'm Very proud to be given the chance to witness great people like Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt make history. Michael Phelps is currently the king of swimming as he holds the record of most gold medals per Olympiad, which is 8. Usain Bolt broke 3 records in the 3 events he participated in, the 100m, 200m and 100m relay. Watching him run is just amazing and I can only wish that I could be half as great as him or Phelps. Here's a parody of him which really got me laughing non stop. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.



Watching the USA team redeem themselves was also very memorable. I can't imagine how famous Kobe Bryant is around the world. He is the most recognizable athlete around the world. When people saw him walking on the streets of Beijing, they started chanting his name and the police had to get him out of there because he was creating a traffic jam of people! Can you imagine that? And because of the popularity of basketball, the chinese government built 60,000 basketball courts in China this year, planning to build another few hundred thousand courts around China. If only Msia's government were so supportive on sports, we wouldn't end up having only 1 medal in the history of Msia in the Olympics. And I can't believe that Lee Chong Wei got his Dato-ship for getting only a silver medal. WTF? I don't see China giving out 100+ Dato-ships after an Olympiad. That just shows how low the standards are over here.

While we were still fired up with the Olympic spirit, we decided to end the day with a Gold Medal Meal in McD. Got another cup, this time its the one with the swimming logo on it.



Had McD 2 days in a row already. I am actually still sick but after eating porridge for 1 whole week I suddenly craved for a hearty meal yesterday and decided to get a Double Spicy Chicken Mcdeluxe Set. AND IT WAS GODLIKE! It really hit the spot! It made me cough all night but it was worth it. I really hope the Double stays for good and isn't some kind of limited time only kinda thing cause it is DA BOMB! For those who have not got the chance to try it, I urge you to hurry and get one or you will regret it for the rest of your lives.

Was having my dinner yesterday night with Da Boss, Shaun, and Chin Lit and it was only yesterday that I knew that Chin Lit has had so many girlfriends! He makes me seem like a total loser, which I kinda agree to. In my books, he now has the Gold Medal in spanar.ing. Kudos to that! Another new thing I learnt is that Shaun's favourite way to greet people during secondary was "See LJ arh?" LOL! Good thing he did not use that on me.

Well, time for me to sign off and continue a whole night of coughing. G'nite people!

No comments: