Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sipeh Sick

Haven't been blogging for some time now. Had the worst case of diarrhea in my whole lifetime. Was vomiting and purging endlessly. The only way I can describe how serious it was, is at the end of the day, my butt-hole hurt more than my stomach. I even slimmed down a few kilos because I did not have any appetite. No jokes here, bad things happen to good people. And while I was resting in bed, I received a wake-up call to watch LinDan vs Lee Chong Wei. Contemplating whether I should gather my strength to get off my belly to watch the match (I had to sleep on my belly because my arse was super sore), I finally decided to get up and watch it, being curious about the hype going on about our country's hope at making history.

And in my honest opinion, he did make history, history of being the biggest blowout in Olympic Finals history. I was grateful that it ended so fast, because my stomach was killing me. In retrospect, few days before the match, I told everyone that LinDan was gonna SCHOOL LCW but everyone said that I wasn't being patriotic and they will still stand by LCW. They didn't seem to understand that it wasn't about being patriotic or not and don't get me wrong, I do hope Msia gets her first gold medal but I just don't think they can win through badminton, especially at China. I even heard that someone's dad placed a RM2000 bet that LCW would win and I was like:" AW, bet with me ma! Easy money who don't want?" I was telling Tommy the other day about the home crowd advantage and also the advantage in LinDan's physique but he just replied me:" Chris, my sex sense tells me that LCW's gonna win this. And my sex sense rarely wrong wan! " My thoughts:" Sex sense? What are u his gay partner or something?" Well, too bad I was too sick to call those ppl up to give them a big I TOLD U SO.

Another thing that made me laugh was when LinDan won the match and started celebrating. He was throwing his shoes to the crowd and my mom was saying:" Hey, y is he throwing his shoes? Very pantang wan le!" The first thing that came to my mind was Lindan shouting :" D1u lei geh h@i" to the crowd.

Had a lot of time to think about stuff while I was trying to fall asleep at night. I didn't know what came over me but I couldn't stop thinking about getting a pair of new kicks. And they aren't just normal shoes, they're the best pair of basketball shoes in the world, at the moment, that is. Almost every player of every team in the Olympics are wearing them - The Hyper Dunk.
The lines at the side of the shoe are actually Nike’s 'Fly Wire" technology, Vectran fibers, which are five times stronger than steel and never lose their strength while the sole is made of Lunar Foam, a material developed by NASA. That's right, NASA!! Even by reading about the technology implanted into these shoes can make me drool. But I feel so PAI GA! Maybe I'll only get these when my Lebron 4s give way. And hope the USA colorways aren't sold out, heard there are only 2008 pairs available for each country's colorway.

Signing off for now, need to get enough rest... Good Night People!

No comments: