Monday, September 15, 2008

Summer has come and passed

It's been a week since my last post. It's been a pretty busy week with plenty of memories I want to keep. So this is definitely gonna be an extra long post, as it took me more than a day to write it. * Late post due to unavailability of pictures. Will update more photos later as soon as I receive them from SiewYin.

10-9-08 , Wednesday - Went to Aeon with KC and Tommy to get some clothes. We went shopping in Esprit because there was sale going on and I have an extra 20% discount due to my mom's birthday this month. KC bought a pair of pants right after he tried it. As for me, I pretty much tried every pair of trousers in the shop before finding a pair that suited me. And guess what? It was the same pair that KC bought! LOL! And there was some drama inside the shop as I accidentally lost my Esprit card in one of the pants. So we + the shop attendant helped us to pat every pocket in the shop to find the card. I felt pretty guilty, because I caused a lot of trouble to the attendant. Sorry!

Stayed at Tommy's for the night because I was conned to go to HP center with him the next day. The way he said it sounded so simple :" Hey Chris, tommorrow wanna go Midvalley? We just going for lunch with YZ, then go HP center awhile, then go Midvalley shopping awhile then can come home d." But it turned out to be a sipeh stressful day for me, more elaboration in the next paragraph.

11-9-08, Thursday - The day started pretty OK, lunch with YZ, then YZ took us to HP center. But things started to go downhill from there onwards, all because Tommy didn't know the directions to Midvalley and he insisted on trusting his phone gps system. Even starting the journey took half an hour because he didn't want to move without setting up the gps. And before that, when YZ was giving him directions to Midvalley, Tommy kept saying :" Yalaa~ I know la I know la", so I trusted Tommy, even though I did not understand 50% of what YZ was saying. So we were finally on the road after Tommy found Midvalley on his phone, with the help of KC, of course. I've only took that way to Midvalley once before, so kinda remembered some bits and parts of it with the help of YZ's 50% of directions. So we were going down the road, Tommy still having no idea where he was going, I saw a Bangsar roadsign and immediately told him to turn left, but he didn't believe me! He was like:" Yameh? Sure Boh? I remember last time is not like this wan leh". KC:" You want us go to Holland is it?!" and when he finally came to his senses and trusted me, he made a 90 degrees turn in heavy traffic and I almost wouldn't be here blogging anymore. After we survived that turn, I was starting to get annoyed. I figured it would be the best idea to keep silent when he asked me for directions, and only tell him where to go at the last second, or else he will keep doubting me and eventually endanger our lives and emotional health.

Tommy:" Chris, where to turn ar? I really duno le..."
Me:" ......."
Tommy:" Gonna reach the junction d le.... Faster say le"
Me:" ........."
Tommy:" AT THE JUNCTION D... I DUNO HOW TO GO LE... HOW?! "
I say softly:" Turn left"
Tommy turns left, all is peaceful, great success. After tons of last minute directions, we reached Midvalley safely. Nothing much to say about the trip in Midvalley, but there is a few pictures that are worth sharing.

The only camera that caught me stealing the hyperdunks off someone who doesn't need it as much as I do.

Guess who is inside the cubicle? None other than Tommy. He told us he needed to water the plants but didn't tell us that he had to apply fertilizer to them as well and we ended up waiting outside for him for God knows how long.

12-9-08, Friday - It was Siew Yin's + Tommy's farewell gathering. I started the day with breakfast with a very special friend. We've known each other since primary, but only became good friends during secondary. Haven't seen her for some time, but still enjoy her company a lot. After that, went to Sunway Pyramid's Red Box with Tommy, SiewYin, Yl, Yz, Tc, Kc, Shian, Cl, HueyNee, and Joo. I will never forget how Yz sang 落叶归根, I don't think anyone will! (LOL Yz mai dulan!).

It soon reached dinner and we initially wanted to have Chillis, but due to my bad memory, we went to TGIF but it was fully booked, so finally we settled for Italiannies. The food wasn't very satisfying but we had a great time overall. Sadly, there won't be another outing together with Tommy and SiewYin in a long long time, hopefully it won't be the last and the next one will come soon. T.T




Tommy's infamous Wo Chan Ni Men De Ma 我参你们的吗 pose

13-9-08, Saturday - Was a very tiring day for me. It was Siew Moon's birthday and I called her during midnight but got her voice mail. Left a message and went to bed as I had to wake up at 5 a.m. the next morning to send my bro to the airport as he's going on a holiday with his gf. My cell rang in the middle of the night. Thinking that it was my alarm, I went and off it. But instead, it was a phone call from an unknown number, at 2 a.m.? I hesitated before answering it, but thank goodness I answered it in time, as it was Siew Moon! As I was really blur, I just wished her before dosing off to sleep again, promising to call her later. So I sent my bro to the airport, then came back and had breakfast with my dad, and went to do grocery shopping. We went and bought 2 weeks worth of food, because according to my bro, things are gonna get pretty messy with our government soon, so it's better to stock up on some food. Better safe than sorry, I guess. After shopping, got a call from Tommy, asking me to accompany him to HP center again. Despite knowing that it'll probably be another stressful occassion but decided to tag along, since it was his last day in Malaysia for this year and I don't want him to get lost and be unable to go back to India. So I went home, called Siew Moon and had a good chat with her before going to HP center with Tommy, KC, and YL. And true enough, I think that if I didn't go along, Tommy would definitely get lost in PJ. And to make things worse, HP center does not open on weekends. So Tommy's laptop will be stuck in Msia while he flies back to India. But no worries, since Tommy has backup laptops, he can use another one in the mean time. Carrying on, we went to Old Klang Road to pick up some stuff before going back to Klang to have some very JENG wantan mee and cendol Klang. Hope Tommy enjoyed his last meal in Klang as much as we did. After having that late lunch, I went to a mooncake festival party/ gathering in Chia Nee's house. Very guilty that I couldn't go and send Tommy off as I had already promised ZJ and CN that I will go. Tommy's mom made me even more guilty as she bombarded me with a lot of "BOH XIM"s when i called Tommy. Sorry Tommy! Will send you off the next time! Back to the party, it was pretty fun mixing with people from my old class, as well as CN's classmates from Monash. We even played lanterns together and messed with kids + families in Setia Eco Park. Got back home around 1 a.m. and felt very emo out of the sudden. So many friends already left Msia, another just left, and another dear friend was leaving the next day. Felt an urge to call and talk to SiewYin like we used to quite often in our secondary days but sadly she was already asleep. Guess it had to wait till the next day.

Why is everyone posing with the Down syndrome kid in black?!

Been a long time since we played with lanterns

Tommy the king of fishermen at the airport. So busy getting calls from his fishies.

14-9-08, Sunday - It was a really sipeh emo day for me. Couldn't find a chance to talk to SY before she left. And when we went to the airport to send her off, we felt so out of place, so negligible there. Her family and college friends came as well. When we first arrived, she was bonding with her college mates, so we waited at a side for our turn. Then she went over to chat with her family. But after that she suddenly turned from her family and picked up her stuff, waved and said to us:" Hey I'm going already". It stunned me, I looked at the time, she still had more than an hour before her flight takes off. I didn't care about the reason why she wanted to go in so early. All I was trying to do was thinking of the things I wanted to say to her, it was on my mind the whole night before but I couldn't even muster a syllable at the moment. Realising that there wasn't much time left, I extended my hand to shake hers and said:" So i guess this is it, huh?" This is where she completely threw me off guard. She put down her luggage, and gave me a hug. I was touched, I was sad, and again, I was stunned. As we embraced, tears were forming in my eyes, I was lost for words, I wanted to tell her that she was a very dear friend of mine, I wanted to tell her to take care of herself and that she'll always have a friend to rely on if she needs one, I wanted to ask her whether she remembered the things we used to talk about, the dreams we shared, the promises we made. Most of all, I wanted to tell her that I will miss her. Instead, I said the stupidest thing ever. "Jiayou jiayou". ARGH! OMG! I wished that somebody had taken a gun and shot me there and then. What a fool I made of myself. She was going to study, not the Olympics! It all happened so fast, and before I knew it, we were already waving goodbye to her while she made her way down the escalator. I'm sorry, SiewYin. Words could not express the sadness and guilt that I felt.

最想拥抱的不是自己的爱人
那种感觉很微妙 不可解 - 五月天

The only pic I have at the moment. Updates coming soon.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi again~
erm...here is really a sipeh emo blog that I ever read~
haha~ ...

Juz feel kinda emo after read this entry~ I feel for it while i reading every single words...the feeling is somehow so real that I can feel~

September,is not a good season at all~


www.wretch.cc/blog/abbytan

- C t t M - said...

Haha... Wow I cant believe u actually took d time to read that sipeh long post. Yeah it's a sad sad month... But do try to stay optimistic =)

Summer has come and passed, 7 years has gone so fast, wake me up when September ends - GreenDay

Tommy said...

No need to sorry la chris, my mom was just kidding...

You already did send me two times, more than enough as a close friend :) really appreciate that.

I'm the one that should say sorry since i made you so stress when I was there in Malaysia. haha, but still sometimes stress can be fun :)

Unknown said...

haha...not everytime I'll read a long post...but well,if it is a nice one, i'll never miss it~ ^^
I always believe,our daily lives,even juz a simple thing that happened is a story that worth to share...

I like tis song,and I'd mentioned it in my blog too~ hehe~ ....

[as my memory rests, but never forgets what I lost, Wake me up when September ends...]

- C t t M - said...

I strongly agree with u, shuling, on the part where everything single matter that happens is a story worth telling...
But i am curious on how u can say that u'll read a long post if it's nice, coz if u don't read it, how do u know it's nice wor? hehe =)

Tommy said...

yalor, shu ling very "mao dun" lor...

eh, is she the shu ling i know ar?

Unknown said...

haha~ well,juz sound 'mao dun' only~ It's kinda depends on the blogger's previous posts...all the blogger has their own style on writing stuff and some u wil like it and some u r not...and tat's how we will read a person's blog regularly and some u wil never bother to click on their link for the second time...rite?
haha...so is tat sound clear? :p

but well, sometimes, quite depends on my mood too...hehe....

Hi tommy~
anyway, I guess "shu ling" is quite a common name...

^^v

hav a nice day~

- C t t M - said...

haha... it's crystal clear now, thx for explaining... So when's d next dance marathon? haha... looking forward to it... even though i din go for the full 24 hours...

Unknown said...

haha~
No need to thx la~ wat la so 'hak hei' haha~ :p

erm...hav no idea when is the next dance marathon lerr...haha~

yeah...saw u dance...but u should stay for 24 hours~ haha...

erm...u like to dance?