Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Raya Holidays

After a frustrating first week of class, the one and only time of the year where some of our fellow country'M'en contribute to the happiness of our country arrived, and by that, granting most of us a week's worth of holiday. Quite a lot of stuff happened during this whole week, so I'm gonna break it down so I won't get confused with the timeline. This is gonna be a sipeh long + boring post cause I'm going to be jotting down almost everything I did just to remind myself what I did during the holidays.

Friday, 26th September - Started as another frustrating day at college. Apparently we have a new lecturer with a very pro-sounding Aussie slang. Before he spoke, I was saying to the others :" Oh no, this guy looks like a noob" But then as soon as he spoke, he not only surprised me, but he also managed to get the whole class' attention because of his pro-sounding Aussie slang. The people near me were all sitting up straight attentively like:" You're wrong, he seems like very pro like that". So I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and tried my level best to pay attention to whatever he was about to deliver, hoping that he would prove me wrong. Yet, by the end of the class, everybody had gotten into their usual slouch/ face down on the table position while I was kneeled and forehead on the floor, with my head in my hands (the ORZ pose). How could I have doubted myself? Why did I just waste 2 hours of my mind and will power to listen to that gibberish? I knew better than to trust the competence of the lecturers in KBU!
Another lesson learnt in KBU -
1. If it's a horrible slang like Mr Mario, things are what they seem to be (the lecturer really does suck)
2. If it's a very pro slang from the UK or Australia, the lecturer still sucks, and he only went over to the UK or Australia to learn the slang, and did not study there.

I was just grateful that the week of class was over and there was another week of holiday for me. How I wished that studying was like that - 1 week class, 1 week holiday, rather impossible eh? Anyway, later that evening I was actually supposed to meet up with Derrick for some Pak Lang nasi lemak and Klang Jaya fried chicken but we were actually joined by Yz, Eric, Jia Yee, Kc and the legendary Hock. Though Pak Lang wasn't open, we still carried on with the pretty delicious fried chicken. It was gonna be Hock's birthday at the stroke of midnight so Jia Yee and Derrick very seng mok-ly left as it would be more than 5 people if they stayed and that would make Hock a very very angry birthday boy. LOL! (You probably won't get this part if you don't know Hock)

It was pretty potong-stim because I had to fetch my mom from the airport at 11 p.m. and had to miss the regular 12 a.m. midnight-blowing-cake-thingy. But oh well, at least I knew that my mom was carrying my precious Nike Hyperdunks back for me. If you all haven't knew, I'm a shoe freak and I've been craving the "United We Rise" Hyperdunks for some time now (refer to August 19th's post for more info on the hyperdunks). And when my mom told me that her friend actually found it for me after going to 12 stores in the USA, I was extremely thrilled even though I had to wait a couple of months for it to get back. However, halfway through the wait, I got extremely devastated when my mom told me that friend of hers actually threw the box away. WTF?! The box actually can cost up to RM150! Another blow hit me when my mom got news that the shoes were actually a display set, as they were the last pair. WTF?! It's like telling me that my girlfriend is not a virgin on the eve of my wedding! But eventually I still accepted to take the shoe to be my lawfully wedded wife even though it's a display set. Now, Finally the shoe has arrived. When my mom showed it to me, I FREAKED THE HELL OUT! DA-BE-LIU-TEE-EFF!! It's not the version that I wanted! Now, I don't think many people could empathize with the way I felt, so let me explain it with reference to the previous examples. The shoes are like the girl of my dreams. It took so much effort and time to manage to court her and finally she agreed to marry me. But, on the eve of our wedding night, I found out that she wasn't a virgin. Yet I still carried on with the marriage as I loved her too much and didn't want to lose her. Then after we got married and were ready to get busy (if you know what I mean), it turns out that she is a transvestite/ah gua ! ARGH! 哇德发!! I was crushed inside. I couldn't sleep and spent the whole night thinking of the all the waiting and training I went through just to wear the shoes. All of which were in vain due to my mom's so-called friend. Gone to 12 stores konon, such BS. Excuse me for using harsh alphabets but I was really pissed at the thought of paying RM430 for a pair of shoes that I don't even want.

The Hyperdunks 08 version

Saturday, 27th September - Got up from bed early to have breakfast with the guys at the legendary roti canai place and then hung out at my place. The guys left around lunch time and I had a nap before going out to celebrate my mom's birthday at Euro Deli, PJ. Another awkward family outing as my parents are actually not talking to each other. So you can imagine the silence from the drive to the restaurant, while waiting for the food to arrive, during the hasty dinner, and the journey back home. It was so quiet that I thought I could hear crickets.

Sunday, 28th September - Went for brunch with my mom and bro at the famous Fatty Mee Hoon Kueh. What a friggin' waste of time! It was so crowded and we had to wait for 1 hour before our food arrived. 1 friggin' HOUR! Seriously, how long does it take to make some mee hoon kueh? And from my point of view, I don't think that the mee hoon kueh is all that great and it's definitely not worth waiting 1 hour for it. Played basketball in the evening with the guys. Had a pretty good time as Loong Siang and Ching Hong (Sarawak's MVP) were able to join us, coming back from Local U. Been awhile since they last came back.

Loong Siang + Sarawak's MVP

Monday, 29th September - Went to Lowyat with Eric, Hock, Cf and Kc because Kc and Hock had some stuff they needed to buy. Cf actually wanted to buy a couple of thumb drives because he accidentally left his friend's thumb drives in his jeans and sent them to the dobi. But thank goodness he managed to salvage them from the dobi before we left for Lowyat. As for me, I wanted to check out a shop in Sungai Wang that sold super rare shoes (according to Cf) but we were unable to find it after searching every single corner of Sungai Wang. At least I managed to find a book to present my mom for her birthday at Gardens, Midvalley, so the trip wasn't a complete waste for me. During our journey, we talked about a lot of stuff. One of the more interesting things we talked about was Miss KTM. Cf described her as a person that is 十全九美, which means that she's a person that is perfect 9 out of 10. She's beautiful, intelligent, friendly and TPL(!!!). Let's guess what the only flaw that she has is. Ready or not, here comes the answer. The only flaw that she has is her useless boyfriend. When we heard that, we were like "Wtf? How can someone like her be with someone like him? Hasn't anybody tried to make her perfect 10 out of 10?" and Cf explained that she has been very loyal to her stupid boyfriend since secondary.

Sigh, we sat there, regretting that we did not secure a good girl during our secondaries, as it seems like Mission: Impossible to get a good girl nowadays. It's almost like girls were Level 5 monsters during secondary - easy to tame, easy to maintain. Now at college, they suddenly metamorphed into Level 50 monsters - impossible to defeat, impossible to escape from. Sigh. But I guess I'm the one to be blamed, if they were only Level 5 back then, I was only Level 1 during secondary school, knowing nothing about L.O.V.E. and clueless about girls. I felt intimidated by them. To me, they were some kind of extra-terrestrial and they would pull out a laser gun and fry me anytime. Maybe that kind of thinking is the reason why I belong to the S.A.D. group - Single, Alone & Desperate. LOL!

Tuesday, 30th September - The last day of September, a very sad month for most. Even though this must have been said infinite times, but I really can't believe how fast time passes. I can't believe it has been 3 years since the song " Wake Me Up When September Ends" came out. I can't believe it has been 7 years since the September 11 attacks. I can't believe I'm already 20. Most of all, I can't believe that just 3 years ago we were all sitting for SPM trials together, while now most of us are separated by vast oceans and barely are in touch with each other.

I just hope that time passes fast for the hard times I'm about to go through at KBU and slows down whenever I get a chance to be united with friends and family members. Those times are priceless and life would be meaningless without them. I believe that my life isn't about me. It's the lives around me that makes life so wonderful. Even if I died, the loss of my life wouldn't sadden me, but not being able to see the lives around me would. So, for those that are going through hard times, hang in there, never forget that though you're life might not seem much to be happy about, your life is very important to the people around you. Your life is beautiful, no matter how sucky it gets.

Wednesday, 1st October - Woke up at the real wee hours to go and fetch my grandmother from the airport. And before I go any further, ever wondered why that time is called the wee hours? Is it because people get up to "wee wee" during that few hours? Anyway, I reached the airport around 4 a.m. with my mom and we waited for my grandmother to come out of the terminal. After some time passed and we still had no sign of grandma coming out, I decided to go and look for her myself. We couldn't contact her because she travelled back from the US alone and she doesn't have a cellphone (brave huh?). Things got pretty anxious when grandma was nowhere to be found. We tried calling security and my grandma's house phone but was to no avail. After searching for about an hour, we finally managed to contact my grandma, and she had already reached home. I couldn't believe it, my mom and I just kena "put aeroplane" (fong fei gei) by a 70 year old lady (So "IN" meh?). So we went back to Klang to tapao some super early bakuteh for my grandma. Turns out that my aunt got me a pair of Nike Basketball shoes. Hmmm, another pair of shoes that I don't want, but thanks anyway. Played basketball again in the evening with Loong Siang, Sarawak's MVP and the guys.

The Air Force that my aunt gave me

Thursday, 2nd October - Went for basketball with the guys (again!) in the evening. Then went to Loong Siang's house to shower as we had made some plans for yum-char with SuLian, an old friend of ours which we haven't seen in some time. After that Ls treated me to some dinner as he claimed that it was in his territory. I promised that I would return that treat one day at my territory. So after that we went to the mamak beside Berkeley corner to meet the others (Thuan Shih, Andrew, Tian Yaw, Ching Hong, Sulian, Eric, Yz, and Yl). I saw something very interesting that day. There was this dude wearing a t-shirt that wrote "Save The Planet" while the 2 guys sitting beside him was smoking non-stop. I just thought that it was pretty ironic. Speaking of t-shirts with wordings on them, just the other day I saw this t-shirt that almost led me to punching somebody. The t-shirt wrote "God's busy," and then there was a picture of the devil smiling, and the bottom of it wrote "May I help you?". Doesn't a shirt like that just make you wanna punch that guy in the face and say:" Who's gonna help you now?" ? And as I was staring at the shirt, the guy said to me:" What the hell you lookin' at?" ARGH! If my mom wasn't with me I'd smash his glasses into his face! I didn't even bother to answer his question as my answers to this kind of people normally get me into a lot of trouble. The last time someone asked me a question like that, I replied :" I think I'm looking at a dickhead" after that I was pretty famous for awhile, and I didn't enjoy the negative attention.

Friday, 3rd October - Watched the debate between the USA vice president candidates in the morning and I have to say that the debates they have are 10 times more interesting than the debates we have between Malaysian Government officials. I then had Ni Jia Fried Chicken at Pandamaran with the guys as I wanted to treat Loong Siang back. Spent the remaining of the afternoon watching the Mayday JUMP! Live Dvd with Jy, Eric and Yz. I and Jy were indulging in reminiscence of the time we went to Mayday's concert in Genting. Those were really great times and I can't wait for the next Mayday concert. Hopefully will get the chance to go watch them perform in Taiwan, as the fans in Malaysia kinda suck, make them no mood to perform. After watching the dvd, Tc came over and we continued talking about the good old times over some food and drinks at my place.

The Mayday Jump! Live Dvd Cover
The Mayday Jump! Concert in Genting

Saturday, 4th October - Went to eat at Boon Seng with the guys after basketball (again!). It was supposed to be like a farewell dinner for Ah Hong before he went back. After dinner my bro came back from his trip to Singapore and he got me a pair of Puma sneakers. I was like "What?! Is it my birthday?" because that is the 3rd new pair of shoes I got this week. But he already wore them for a few days and man, they are dirty! So I spent about an hour cleaning those Pumas and my Adidas Superstars.

Sunday, 5th October - The last day before I start class again. Woke up and watched The Fifth Element for maybe the 12th time (and I still love it). After that I had another awkward lunch with my family. Nobody spoke a word during the lunch and unfortunately, we went to a place where we had to wait very long for the food to come and damn, it was torturing. As soon as we reached home, the worst happened. My mom decided to break the silence and the caused a big fight. I decided to keep quiet through the whole thing as I just wanted it to end as soon as possible. My brother was pissed with me for not intervening, but I know that it's pointless. Everyone in my family is too stubborn to listen to what I have to say. Though I don't think I am smart, I feel that people just don't get the big picture as well as I do. A lot of people do not judge themselves before judging others. Even more people do not want to take the blame for their mistakes. Most people never forgive, let alone forget. All these hate builds up, and I don't just mean in my household, it's like this everywhere. How I wished that LOVE really makes the world go round. But if it did, I'd be really worried as well, as the world would be like a car running out of petrol (in this case - LOVE), and eventually the world would come to a stop. Why do humans seek to destroy when they should be saving? Even as the earth dies, sometimes I wonder, what is the point of saving the earth when there are so many inhabitants on the earth that are not worth saving? They will continue to destroy the earth no matter what and the efforts to save the earth will be of little or no avail. But, then I will think of the things that are worth saving. And one of the very few things that are worth saving, is LOVE. It is the key to almost everything in life and nothing begins without LOVE. It's hard to explain but just think about it, and you'll get what I mean. Writing this post reminded me of my childhood days. So I'll end it with a video that hopefully will remind you of yours.



Make Music, Not War - Mayday

3 comments:

orangejungle said...

your life seemed interesting huh~

Fatty Mee Hoon Kueh!!!
If there is no two Fatty Mee Hoon Kueh in Klang,I think it is the one I'd been before.Omg! I rmb I was waiting for almost 2 hours with empty stomach. Agree with u, is not worth it. :p

Yeah...September was finally ended...Hope it is a good start for all of us... ^^

Mayday!!! I missed the chance to go for their concert, again and again~ one time I even bought the ticket but suddenly couldnt make it to be there.Urgh!!! dunno when will be the next time... >,<

L.O.V.E.
many people thought they know about love...but they actually know nothing about it.but there is a question with no definite answer...What is LOVE which formed by juz four little alphabets? How powerful it is, a question which always makes ppl feel stupid coz couldnt give an answer...

Erm...just take everything easy la my friend~ ^^v....

- C t t M - said...

Haha... Bad luck for u... Who brought u to eat that wor? Must have been on the weekends to be waiting that long...

Wow! Never ever pictured u as a mayday fan! There really are very few mayday fans around here, though I do not understand why... ARGH! What a waste! then wat happened to the ticket wor?

Well, which L.O.V.E. are u talking about? the LOVE in the september 29th part and the October 5th part is quite different. But imho, the answer to the LOVE in the 29th part is with each of our soulmates, and until we find our own soulmate, we will never know that answer. As for the latter LOVE, It is the essence of life and it is everywhere.

Yea u take it easy too, take care! Thx for d comments ! :D

Unknown said...

haha~ Y not? Mayday really rocks~
Agree with you, I find no one to accompany me to their concert in Genting. >,< ...
The ticket which I bought was the concert in year 2006 which been held at Bukit Jalil.Then my sis sold it to her fren...wat a waste!!! aiks...

Ooo~ Actually I referred the L.O.V.E. in general.I was just wondering why...no matter is the love towards soulmate or family or whoever.Sometimes I will just feel stupid playing the games of love but somehow I dun even know what is love. Arh...nvm...dunno what nonsense Im talking about. haha~

Days in October, going to be very busy...hoho~

Last but not least, You're Welcome~