Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Story of Cats and Dogs

Almost through with the first week of the new semester and I couldn't wait till the end of the week to tell all of you a story. The first week started off with the lecturers introducing themselves and the courses that they were gonna teach. A first glance at the schedule and the module leaders and I was relieved that there were no Mr. Anand aka Super Mario. I call him that because he looks like Mario with the mustache and when he teaches, I just want to run away real fast, punch boxes, stomp on turtles, collect coins and disappear into a giant pipe, if you know what I mean. However, there were quite a number of unknown lecturers so I was praying that they were at least at a competent level, but I was SO SO WRONG. Out of 8 lecturers, only 1.5 of them made me not want to skip class for the rest of the year, and out of that 1.5 lecturers, 1 of them have not showed up yet. What are the odds, huh?

One of the useless lecturers reminded me of a story. There was a day when I, Kc, Yz and Tommy went out together. We were eating lunch together at a round table and the seating position was like, Kc was sitting opposite me, while Yz was sitting opposite Tommy. Yz and Tommy were having an intense discussion and I and Kc just couldn't help but laugh at the two of them. If you are like me and know the both of them, you would definitely agree with these facts:

1. When Yz talks to me, I only can hear 50% of what he is saying cause of his Jay Chou like slang, and after I interpret it, I get 90% of his meaning.
2. When I talk to Tommy, he hears 100%, then after he interprets it, he only receives 50% of my actual meaning.

So you could imagine what it was like for the both of them to communicate with each other. It was like a cat and a dog trying to communicate. Yz was talking to Tommy, Tommy only received 50%, then after intepretation, he got 10% of Yz's meaning. LOL!

Now, back to that lecturer of mine, his name is Mr Pu, don't know his full name but I'm guessing that his last name is Ki Mark. I heard from a senior that he talks very softly, so I decided to sit in the first row. What that senior didn't tell me, was that he also has the worst pronunciation known to mankind. Even though he's been teaching for a number of years already, he still speaks like a typical China business man. They somehow mix up all d 'L's and 'R's and makes everything plural. Want any examples? Of course you do!

Mr Pu:" Ret me ask you all a questions. Rets says, you are driving a lolli at the speed of 90km/h, the intefelence due to the motors will detenuates yours pelfolmances of yours cars. How do you leduce the intefelence?"

I turned and looked at the rest of the class, most of them had the same expression on their faces ---> @.@. But I don't blame them, even I who was sitting in the first row was like "WTF?". If Yz and Tommy were like cats and dogs, this guy would be a fish in a pond while we are all humans on the ground. All we can hear from where we're standing are the sound of bubbles rising up to the surface. Bloop bloop or Brrrrrrr, it's up to your imagination. The way he teaches, I hear only 30% of the information he's trying to send out, and after I analyse it, it confuses me more till a point in the end I only understand 15%. By the time the class ended, the average information I registered in my mind without doubt would be around ± 1%. What a waste of not only mine, but everyone else's time! That's friggin' 4 hours a week that I will never get back! I'm already 20 years old, OMG I can't waste anymore of my youth! Somebody shoot him please, the reward will be bountiful. Thanks! =)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

another nice post~ haha~ ...
I really like your sense of humor.
That's really crack me up~ haha...

Well,tat's YingZhou style la~ Kinda glad that I can und wat he said most of the time. haha~

Sometimes real bad to have those *good* lecturer...Given us an excuse for not going to class and yet we wont feel guilty for tat.*lol*

Anyway, hopefully u will still enjoy life.

Take Care~

www.wretch.cc/blog/abbytan

- C t t M - said...

hehe thx a lot for ur nice comments! =) Wow? you actually understand what Yz says? Yz is always lazy to talk to gals as they dun get him most of the time... LOL!

Aiyo i have to stay in class or else they'll bar me from going to exam or they might take away my scholarship, so it's a lose-lose situation here.

Haha, thanks a lot, u enjoy life and take care too! Coz life is beautiful, no matter how sucky it gets. Weird way to say it, but it's true! =)

Unknown said...

Err...I think I really can understand....mayb there are two reasons why.One,he never treat me as a gal? Two, because I do listen to Jay's songs? haha.... :p
Watever la~ lolz...

Oh! Scholarship weh~ Then u must be a smart and good student. Erm...thinking to apply scholarship,but somehow too far from the requirements. >.< *sob*

"Life is beautiful, no matter how sucky it gets."
Thanks for telling me this~ I've quoted it in my msn's pm.hehe...Coz is a good one. ^^

*cheers*

- C t t M - said...

Hehe, but even if u do listen to Jay's songs, it's not guaranteed tat you'll be able to understand Yz. Depends on yz's mode wan...

Haha I'm actually a horrible student, just that it's so easy to get a scholarship at KBU. That's y i m there in the first place. And from what Yz told me, it's hard to get a scholarship from HELP ma... So dun feel so bad abt it, I'm sure you're a good student.

LOL! I just said it randomly lo... But I do believe in it.. hehe... Have a nice day!

Unknown said...

Yeah~ True la!~ Haha...
Maybe juz I think I understand?
Even so, he is a nice guy la!
*lol* Compliment ya YZ~

Haha...
Okie~ I hope to get scholarship lerr...but well, it's really hard to get it in my college. even though HELP is damn so rich.
Err...Im not sure whether Im a good student or not. But if i can choose, I dun wanna be...:p

It's Sunday today...
Sure a lot of plan leh?
Hope You enjoy it~
^^v

Take care~

친. said...

LOL
so that's how u see Mr Pu in class XD
i know a little boy who slurs when he speaks, but only for words with the consonants ‘L' and 'R' -- he tends to read 'L' as 'Y', and 'R' as 'L'.

so when i made him say "ruler", he'd read "Luyier";
when i made him say "yellow", he'd read "yeyow"

and it's so cute when he does that! XD

- C t t M - said...

Haha, Yz knows that he is my homeboy, even without complimenting him...

Yeap it's really hard to get a scholarship in HELP, so don't doubt yourself! hmm, why wouldn't you wanna be a good student? How I wished I was one...

Yeap a really busy week ahead, gotta play as much as I can before I go back to the college of the underworld... How bout u?

- C t t M - said...

Oh that poor kid! He's gonna have a tough time if he doesn't correct that. But how old is he?

And it might seem cute for a little kid, but Mr.Pu is friggin old la wei! This applies to most things :-
1. Children - CUTE
2. Adult - DISGUSTING

Especially when he's supposed to be handing us valuable information. ARGH!

Unknown said...

Erm...dun really have any reasons y I dun wanna be a good student~ but juz dun wan...haha... :p

I spent my weekends preparing my best fren's bday. but din run well as I wished. haha...

I juz can't wait to go back my hometown at this very moment.Life isnt tat good recently~ But I know Home is always there for me...*home sweet home*

So actually you staying outside or back and forth to klang?

- C t t M - said...

Well, don't be sad abt it, not everything goes exactly as planned. As least u intended it to go well, it's the heart that counts.

Wow, where's ur hometown o? Yeap true indeed, there's really no place quite like home. Hope u have a great time back there!

I'm same like Yz lo, back and forth. how bout u? where do u stay wor?

Unknown said...

yeah~ I know that~ But somehow when things happened which out of your expectation,it's kinda disappointed~ haha...

Im now in my hometown lu~ WooHoo~~~~
Ipoh,u should heard it before...It's a nice place full of nice food.haha~
Later going to have white coffee in Oldtown...^^v
Home is nice,but I still need to complete my assignment~ aiks...haha~

In KL, I staying nearby the college which is 10 minutes walking distance....

okie dokie~ enjoy you holiday ya?
btw, Selamat Hari Raya~ haha~